1) Call to Order a) Pledge of Allegiance b) Introductions: City Council: Mayor Lisa Whalen, Patricia Thoele, Mark Vanderlinde, Pam Mortenson, Bob Christians; Staff: City Administrator Michael Barone, Community Development Director David Abel, Finance Director Brian Grimm, Director of Public Safety Paul Falls, and City Clerk Kris Linquist. Consultants: City Attorney Ron Batty, Kennedy & Graven; and City Engineer Paul Hornby, WSB Engineering. c) Approval of Agenda
2) Special Presentations a) Westonka Schools Superintendent Kevin Borg
3) Persons to Be Heard The City Council invites residents to share new ideas or concerns related to city business; however, individual questions and remarks are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. No City Council action will be taken, although the Council may refer issues to staff for follow up or consideration at a future meeting. The mayor may use discretion if speakers are repeating views already expressed or ask for a spokesperson for groups of individuals with similar views. Speakers should state their name and home address at the podium before speaking.
4) Consent Agenda a) Approve Work Session Meeting Minutes from December 7, 2015 b) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes from December 7, 2015 c) Res. No. 01-16 Approve Claims d) Res. No. 02-16 Approve a Simple Subdivision for Fred and Robyn Green and Ann Christian to Adjust the Property Line Between 3440 and 3503 Kings Point Road e) Res. No. 03-16 Approve a Two Year Extension for a Lakeside Setback Variance for Fred and Robyn Green on Kings Point Road f) Adopt Ordinance 434 – Repealing City Code section 1103.29 regarding Charges for Fire Services g) Res. No. 04-16 Adopt Reimbursement Resolution regarding Water Treatment Infrastructure Projects including Watermain, Wells and Water Tower h) Res. No. 05-16 Adopt Reimbursement Resolution regarding items included in 2016 Equipment Certificates
5) Public Hearings a) Wellhead Protection Plan – Part II review
6) Business Items a) Res. No. 06-16 Approve City Meeting Calendar for 2016 b) Res. No. 07-16 Approve Annual City Council Appointments and Designations c) Res. No. 08-16 Accept Part Two of the Wellhead Protection Plan for Submission to the Minnesota Department of Health d) Res. No. 09-16 Accept Improvements and Authorize Final Payment for Trillium Lane West Storm Sewer Improvements (City Project 07-15) e) Res. No. 10-16 Approve Plans and Specifications and Authorize Advertisement for Bids – Well Nos. 3 and 5 Rehabilitation Project (City Project 03-15 ) f) Res. No. 11-16 Approve Purchase of a Caterpillar Model 420F2 Backhoe Loader
7) Administrative Items a) Staff Reports i) City Administrator ii) City Engineer iii) Director of Public Safety
b) Council Reports i) Mayor Lisa Whalen – Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Police Communications Committee; Northwest Hennepin League of Municipalities; Minnehaha Creek Watershed District; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed Management Commission (alternate); Gillespie Center Advisory Council; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (alternate), Economic Development Authority ii) Patricia Thoele – Acting Mayor; Personnel Committee, Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission; Economic Development Authority iii) Mark Vanderlinde – Economic Development Authority iv) Pam Mortenson – Planning Commission (rotating); Spirit of the Lakes Festival; Economic Development Authority v) Bob Christians – St. Bonifacius Fire Advisory Committee; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (rep); Westonka Community & Commerce; Economic Development Authority
8) Adjournment The agenda packet with all background material is located at the back table for viewing by the public. Published agenda is subject to change without notice. Information and materials relating to the above items are available for review at city hall by appointment.